Monday, November 2, 2009

SECOND CLASS 11-3-09

We'll be discussing Rubin and Babbie, chaps 4-6, with much focus on ethics, primarily the IRB, what is it, why should you care, and why you better pay attention to this class.

Click on this link to find the NASW Code of Ethics. Please read through it. Pay attention to 1.06, Conflicts of Interest and 5.02, Evaluation and Research.

Then go to the ICSW website, ICSW.edu. Click on Academic Resources, then IRB.

Download the manual.

READ IT!

Pay close attention to 3.0 and 3.12.

See you in class.

1 comment:

Vivian said...

Hi. Can we request a syllabus? I'm asking because I'm in hawaii, 5 hours behind, and I'm just seeing this assignment. Had I been home, I'd a been at work. I won't be able to complete the chapter 6 reading. I won't have time. This is difficult for me because research is my hardest subject and I WANT to be able to really get into the teaching to make sure I understand. Can you assist with this? I'll try to log on to class today, I'm on a different comp.

Vivian