Thursday, January 15, 2009

Paradigms, theory, deduction and induction

The lecture is in 7 parts, short audio clips.
Each one has a title, like "DW_B0069.wav".
The seven clips are DW_B0068, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, up to DW_B0074. All files

Click HERE to begin Part 1 68

Click Here to begin Part 2 69

Click HERE to begin Part 3 70

Click Here to begin Part 4 71

Click Here to begin Part 5 72

Click Here to begin Part 6 73

Click Here to begin Part 7 74




You're going to go to the web site that hosts these mini lectures in a minute. They're embedded in boxes that look like record albums or CD's. Each box holds one snip of my lecture and has a name like DW_B0068. You'll then click on them one at a time to hear me teach.

ESnips put the clips up on two different pages, but backwards, last to first, not first to last. So the first and second clips are on the second page. Wouldn't you just know it.

When you click here, you'll scroll down on page two to two boxes with the first two files.,

Do that now, and click on DW_B0068.wav, the one farthest down the page. After you finish that, click on DW_B0069.wav.

When you have finished listening to those two, you'll click on "Previous" or the little square with the "1" to get to the other snips on page 1.
It looks like this: Page: « Previous 1 2 You click "1" or "Previous".

Again, scroll down to almost the bottom, begin with DW_B0070.wav, and make yourself up to the top. You'll listen to DW_B0071.wav, then DW_B0072.wav, then DW_B0073.wav,end with DW_0074, in that order.

We'll give it a try, okay?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is pretty cool! Are you going to do one for the class I missed. I am going to listen again when I have more time as I heard something about subjectivist research dealing with peoples attitudes and beliefs as opposed to positivistic dealing with data??? Okay I could be wrong I was eating lunch and listening and that was half attention on each thing.

therapydoc said...

I think you missed the one on ethics. Yes, I'm going to do a very quick summary for that one. And the first class, too.

The second class is essentially outlined in a post below, so I'm not repeating it!

Chuan-Chuan Tsai said...

Thank you, Linda for the audio recordings. It was a good review of what you had taught in the class. I found myself still having difficulty with induction and deduction. I keep having to translate in my head the definitions of the words in Chinese and probably the back and forth between Chinses and English has contributed to my confusion with the two methods. I will have to spend more time on it. Thanks!

Tom Beller said...

I have to lower to firewall to get to all the sites for this class.
Strange--but that is the way it is.

Thanks. The sites and audio stuff is helpful
Tom Beller